Edmonton Artist | Laurel Hawkswell | edmonton.art@gmail.com | @hilaurel


[to email Laurel DOUBLE-CLICK here>>> EMAIL_Laurel ]
OR
See Edmonton Artist Laurel on: Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

Digital Caricatures at Microsoft Store West Edmonton Mall

My immense, intense learning curve day! It was my first time drawing caricatures on a tablet ... ever! Not in the comfort of my own home to practice up but in the Microsoft store at West Edmonton Mall. Hired to do caricatures, preferably on their Surface Pro. So, I dove right in and figured stuff out along the way. Drawing on Black Friday added to the crowd that's for sure. They had me set up at the back of the store with my sign at the front. By the time I was done I was feeling a bit more confident. I think I did OK.

 I will be back at the Microsoft in WEM store again:

Sunday, December 1, 3:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday, December2, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday, December 5, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
and one more date to be announced.

The Staff at the Microsoft Store were great. They helped me set up and had me email people their caricatures. A nice touch so that they didn't have an extra thing to carry around the mall with them. It was different for me to email rather than hand over a drawing ... a day full of new experiences and perhaps new beginnings for me!

aricature on Surface Pro Tablet at Microsoft Store WEM Edmonton


 Caricatures by Edmonton Artist Laurel Hawkswell