Edmonton Artist | Laurel Hawkswell | edmonton.art@gmail.com | @hilaurel


[to email Laurel DOUBLE-CLICK here>>> EMAIL_Laurel ]
OR
See Edmonton Artist Laurel on: Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

Caricatures for a birthday party

I was at Local Public Eatery in South Edmonton Common drawing caricatures for a birthday party. There were about 20 people there celebrating the birthday so it was a bit like musical chairs: as I finished drawing one couple, they would change seats so the next ones could come over. Luckily the table was a huge, thick table that didn't move so all so all I did was lean my board up against it. I could have done more caricatures as there were people in the bar that could see what was going on and were interested in getting one too! But I was there specifically for that birthday party and I had to leave right afterwards. People are always pleased and surprised to come to a friend's birthday party and be able to leave with a caricature!


Woman hold up her caricature at a friends birthday party