Edmonton Artist | Laurel Hawkswell | edmonton.art@gmail.com | @hilaurel


[to email Laurel DOUBLE-CLICK here>>> EMAIL_Laurel ]
OR
See Edmonton Artist Laurel on: Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

Caricatures at a Birthday Party

Drew lots of little kids today at a birthday party. It was really interesting because the first little guy I drew was NOT interested at all in sitting for me, "When are you gonna be done, why is it taking so long" over and over again. So I thought that would be the last I saw of him the very second I said I was done but he ended up watching me draw and helping me almost the whole time. In helping me I mean, getting the next piece of paper, getting the next person I was to draw, etc. So someone who I thought I'd go home saying, "UGH, I had this kid who was so not interested in me being there …" ended up being a cheerful, bright spot in my afternoon! Never good to judge too quickly.