Edmonton Artist | Laurel Hawkswell | edmonton.art@gmail.com | @hilaurel


[to email Laurel DOUBLE-CLICK here>>> EMAIL_Laurel ]
OR
See Edmonton Artist Laurel on: Facebook or Twitter or Instagram

Engagement Party Caricatures!

I've been asked to do caricatures at a real variety of events. No event is out of the question (well, …. maybe).

This caricature was done at an Engagement Party. A great group of family and friends gathered to celebrate. This was one of my favourites. I love it when someone sits down with different piercings, a unique hair style, facial hair or just their own, unique look to them. One guy at the party said, "My girlfriend isn't here tonight so would it be okay if I got a caricature with my dog?" and he pulled out a photo of his dog on his phone. So that started a bit of a trend because another guy did the same thing!

Then there was the guy who got me to draw him and his girlfriend from a photo of her on his phone because she's away in the states taking optometry. He wanted to mail it to her for Valentine's Day.

One couple that was there, I'd drawn two years ago so they sat down and wanted me to draw his face partially like a raptor and her partially as a cougar. Strange but did it! They loved it. And I have to admit that I think it turned out a lot better than I thought it would when they first asked.

Always a good time for me. I'm lucky.

Engagement Party caricatures for the guests
caricatures by Edmonton Artist Laurel Hawkswell